Block release intensive study format

At the Centre for Aboriginal Studies (CAS), we run most of our courses by block release. This is a way of studying where you combine distance education with intensive study periods at CAS. It means that if you don’t live in Perth, you can still get a quality education while remaining in your community.

You’ll spend most of your study time within your own community, and across the year you’ll come to Perth for a week or two at a time where you’ll take classes on campus and meet other students from all around Australia.

Travel and accommodation support

If you’re travelling from a regional area to Perth for your classes, you may be eligible for travel and study support. Contact to find out more.

Perth students

If you’re driving to your block release classes, you’ll need to register to park on campus. See more information about our parking app on the Curtin Properties website.

If you’re taking public transport to campus, a range of bus services come straight to Curtin. To plan your trip, use the Journey Planner on the Transperth website.

If you’re a full-time student you should be eligible for concession prices on public transport. Learn how to register your SmartRider for student concession fares.